Pages

Summer Bucket List 2014


After on of the longest and coldest winter in a long time I am ready to take full advantage of this summer.  I really have never hated winter so much as I did this year, not only because it was cold, but I think being cooped up with a baby made it feel ten times longer, and it was long to begin with! Plus last summer was spent at the side of an hospital crib and with the tiniest little babe for the majority of it, so I hope to soak up every ray of sun, beach it, eat al fresco, and just sit outside to drink it in as much as possible before I head back to school at the end of August.

So as I plan to take full advantage, I thought I would make a little bucket list of things I hope we will experience this summer and so when we summer is done I will feel like we took full advantage!

1. Visit the farmer's market. I can't believe I have never been to St. Norbert Farmer's Market! Well that's not 100% true, I have been on a Wednesday at the end of August, but never on a Saturday morning, when it's full of the best vendors and troves of people. I get most of my fresh veggies from my mom's garden so haven't really felt the need, but this year I hope to go at least once, check out the local artisans, drink lemonade, and soak in the sense of community that surrounds the market experience.

2. Take Greta's to the Zoo. Our local zoo is re- opening with it's new exhibit, The Journey to Churchill, in just a couple weeks and think that means we have to go check it out. I love the zoo, and all though our local zoo ain't world class, I like to support it because I am happy we have the luxury of one in our city, with reasonable rates (although this new exhibit brought about a fare hike, boo!).

3. Take a Family Road Trip. We have a wedding in Alberta this summer so we will be taking a road trip. I'm excited for Greta's first trip out of province. We hope to stop a few places in Saskatchewan, and then head on to Alberta where we will visit Drumheller and hopefully up to West Edmonton Mall! Finger's crossed that it doesn't result in being the last road trip for awhile!

4. Go to Gimli for the day. I think of this town as a little resort town just north of Winnipeg. I want to walk the pier, watch boats, eat ice cream, and soak up the sun on the beach for the afternoon.

5. Take multiple beach days.  We are lucky to have so many beaches in not too far distance here in Manitoba.  I hope to lay on the sand at St. Ambroise, Victoria Beach, Grand Beach, and somewhere in the Whiteshell a few times this summer.

6. Visit Matt in the field for supper. Harvest will come around quick enough, meaning long hours spent in the field and away from us, so we will go to him! Supper in the field are a very big portion of my childhood memories so I hope that I can help create those memories for Greta.

There are many more things like bonfires with s'mores, and summer fairs that I could continue to add to the list but I'm going to stick with these 6, because if I know one thing summer will fly by! Follow along on instagram (@prettyprairie) to see what we accomplish. I'll be using the hashtags. #krausesummer14 & #summerbucketlist.

What's on your bucket list this summer? I'd love to hear what fun things happen in your areas and what things make you feel you took full advantage of summertime!

Oh, and I will also be enjoying myself a few Pimm's Cups over the next few months! What's your summer drink?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!