Pages

Greta's Garden Party

For Greta's first birthday we had a garden party theme.  I decided on a garden theme, as I wanted to celebrate how much our lit' peanut has grown, and so the garden party was born!

I was hoping I would share a post that was photo-heavy with all the details I put lots of time into, but sorry to tell you very few photos were taken just due to being rushed and then too busy to think about photos - I really should have dedicated someone to grabbing some photos for me, but that didn't cross my mind till around gift opening time.  I'll tell you, planning a party while not living at home during the week, being busy with my fieldwork placement, and with unwanted rain in the forecast all week was quite stressful!  The weekend prior to the party I had most things prepped and decided, all that needed executed the Friday & Saturday before the party was food prep and prepping of the yard (grasses etc).  All of Saturday was busy but very productive, and that evening while I was making room in the fridge for the dessert, I injured my toe (my whole large toe nail detached from the nail bed -- don't ask how, just know I'm accident prone). Let me tell you that is painful! So the rest of the evening was a right off as I rested and controlled the pain so I could get a descent night sleep.  I feel like it only made the next day worse, we woke up to rain, and so I rushed around and prepared to bring all my party plans indoors, our house it not function for large groups so I was so stressed of where I was going to put the 25 adults and 12 kids (most under 4)! Well we made it work, not fulfilling my ideal plan for all my details and as people started to arrive the sun began to shine and therefore they got their food inside and headed to the yard and deck to eat and let the kids eat, guess things have a way of working out.

Anyways, enough of my babbling, what's done is done and I have many more birthdays to host and work out all the kinks. Here are some photos and a little info on some of the fun details!

I worked with Carli of Perfect Salt Design again for the invites & and a banner (which unfortunately never got photographed) - like always she did a great job and I was so happy how well they set the theme for her party!


For food we served sandwiches (chicken salad, hame & cheese, and PB & J), potato salad, pasta salad, veggies and dip, and fruit.  We also had a lemonade (which was to be served at the lemonade stand but ended up inside without all the details. The veggies were served in "garden planter boxes" and the berries in berry baskets for more of a garden-y feel as well as the sandwiches were served on a garden tray lined with greens while they were labeled garden style with a marker placed in a terracotta pot filled with moss.



Dessert included birthday cake and dirt cups with gummy worms (which I never got a photo of).  The birthday cake I made my self, it was a simple white cake with lemon flavored polka dots inside and lemon curd filling with a lemon cream cheese frosting, wish I had gotten a photo of the inside, as it took me 3 trail to get it right, but here is a photo of it waiting to be eaten.


\

Overall, the party turned out excellent and the afternoon weather was perfect as the kids played in the sandbox, blew bubbles, and threw around some balls.  I had sheets available for people to sit picnic style as they relaxed and watched the kids play.


Hard to believe our little girl is ONE!


Hope you enjoyed the little peek into Greta's garden party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!