Pages

Currently. |7|

thinking about | Summer! Oh, wait - I guess spring has to come before I can really get excited about summer, but I will anyways.  With me going back to "school" (it's really a fieldwork placement - so more work than school) for May and June and being away from Matt a lot during that time, I'm looking forward to some good quality family time in July and August.  I think Greta will be at a great age developmentally at this time and I look forward to playing outside, taking to go ride in the combine with Daddy, and just soaking up our great summer! As much as have complained about our winter, we are lucky that we get GREAT summers here -- that almost make up for the winters, almost! We also have a wedding in Alberta in July so we will be taking a little road trip too! Whether or not we will make it a summer holiday or just a long 15 hour drive back and forth is yet to be determined, but either way I'm looking forward to my cousins wedding and getting close to the mountains.

reading | The Witness by Nora Roberts. My mom said it was great so I thought I'd give it a go - I'll keep you posted as I get further into it!

watching | The Color Purple. It was on tv yesterday, and I'm not sure I had ever watched it before or if I had it was awhile ago. After watching it, I think I may put the book on my reading list, as I like to see how well movies are interpreted. Have your read and/or seen the movie? What do you think?

thankful for | my parents.  I'm so thankful that they are going to be letting Greta and I stay with them and that my mom is going to watch Greta for me during the day for 2 months.  I really don't know what I would do without them. They are busy with the farm, helping with my sisters two kids, hosting an international trainee, and they still agreed to it! I'm happy I have such great family, and that included my in-laws - as even though they are far away I know if they were here they would help us out too. It is going to take a lot of love, support, and hard work to get through this last year of school with Greta, and I am so grateful for my family who will see me through it. (I think I have said how much I am thankful for them in previous currently. posts but I don't think I can say it enough to express how thankful I really am!). My mom also babysat for us this weekend and Matt and I headed out to a social with my OT peeps - it was great to see everyone from my class but also reminded me how much I'm going to miss them all when I go back and they are graduated.

...in other news, Greta is creeping! Not quite crawling but I think it will come soon enough, this mom is starting baby-proofing!



Lastly, are you guys interested in seeing more recipes on the blog? I post quite a few food pics on Instagram and am asked for the recipes quite often. Sometime I feel like recipe post are too much work because I worry too much about my photo, but let me know if you'd like to see recipes!

Linking up with a mama collective. Go link up so I can see what your up to to!


A Mama Collective

2 comments:

  1. I too have supportive in-laws and parents and am so greatful for how much they help with the kids! I can 100% relate and often write about them over and over in my currently posts. ;) can never hurt to be too greatful! Thanks for linking up with us! // Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Color Purple is one of my favorite books EVER & the movie is really well done, in my opinion. Check it out. :-)
    Family help is the best. My MIL lives with us and watches the boy every week day. I couldn't imagine having to leave him at daycare, especially since I had to go back to work when he was only 3 months old!
    Oh Little Miss Creeper! Crawling will probably follow QUICKLY! :-)
    Such a cute picture, I love her little nose!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!