Pages

currently. {5} & a waffle bar

thinking about | our trip. Been busy planning, making lists, booking rental cars and hotels for a little trip we are taking while at Matt's parents. Just over a week until we head off on this adventure. I'm excited and dreading it all at the same time. I just really hope the flight goes well, but I have visions (more like nightmares) that Greta screams the whole flight and has teeth push through on the plane. Ugh, I hope it does not become reality! I hope she smiles and bats those baby blues as all passengers oh and ah at her, praising her calm demeanor. I guess time will tell which is the outcome. Traveling with a baby/kid(s) is going to be our reality over the years so I better get used to it. My goals for this week are to get everything packed up and organized so we aren't rushing around next weekend and we can just relax before our adventure. 

listening to | this song

reading | nothing currently, but looking for suggestions to read on the plane...oh wait will I have time to read on the plane this trip as I have Greta to keep entertained?! I'll take one just in case I do -- read anything really good lately?

watching | the Olympcs! of course!  I'm a huge fan of watching the Olympics, love cheering on our athletes and take pride in how they represent our country.  Every 4 years I end up wishing I had taken up speed-skating or skiing as I watch in awe at these athletes - especially since we have had major olympic speed-skaters come from right here in Manitoba!! Gold, silver, bronze or 25th - I'm proud of every athlete who wears the maple leaf with pride! Just love the unity the Olympics bring to our country & the world!

thankful for | great friends. "My Girls" a group of girls I've been friends with since elementary/high school came over this weekend for brunch! I just love our get togethers, we've gone from single ladies night out, to meeting "the boys" as they entered the group, to weddings, and now our children are growing together. I am so thankful for their friendship, their advice, their hearts, and their support. Friends that have been around for the good, the bad, and the ugly are the absolute best!

For our brunch I did a "waffle bar" which was so fun! Here are a few photos ( I love hosting, just wish my home was bigger!). Sorry I never got photo of the delish waffles and pfannkuchen, I snapped some photos before they arrived and then go too busy talking and being present (which is more important anyways!) that I never took photos of the complete spread but this is a little peek! 




I'm linking up with A Mama Collective for this post.

A Mama Collective

13 comments:

  1. Your waffle bar is such a great idea! What a great way to celebrate friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always fun celebrating great friendships!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I could so go for a waffle bar right now :) haha Looks so fun! As far as traveling with a little one, I haven't done it a bunch but I've had both good experiences and miserable ones! It's so hard not to be sensitive to what we think others are thinking of us as our child melts down. I always try to go back to other times I have travelled alone and heard babies crying and thought "wow, that mom is a rockstar!" I tend to believe most people are understanding to how hard it can be for a baby to be on a plane that long. Good luck!! I can't wait to hear all your stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that we don't end up in the miserable category, I hope most people are sensitive and that it goes well. Thanks! Can't wait to share about our adventure when we are back!

      Delete
  3. How wonderful and blessed that you ladies are sharing your legacies.
    I love that.
    Great waffle bar.
    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! We move often, I can only dream of having such a tight-knit group. I wish you luck with flying -- we've not had the opportunity or occasion to yet, and I have the same worries with my little guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed with a great group of friends. I bet moving can be tough, but great friendships last over many miles! I hope to report back with good news and tips on our travel adventure!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to steal your waffle bar idea!! It is too dang cute. Good luck on the plane ;) I just picked up Hunger Games finally, so I'm excited to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - post pics if you do it! Ah, I do need to read the Hunger Games, I see the first movie and loved it and was told the books are 10x better - thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  6. Great idea for a party! I stopped by from The Mom Lovin' Blog Hop to say hi and follow! Hope you are having a great week!
    Corey @ TinySidekick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in! Headed to check out your blog!

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say!