Pages

Well it's been a bit since my last post and I'm sorry!

I told you I was going to start working on a DIY project and well it's complete!

This is the pin-inspired pallet coffee table my hubby and I build together - and are still married! Kidding, it went well once he got the vision I was going for.


We started with a pallet I got from my sister - so it was free! We actually got two but were able to complete the project with just one because we made a smaller table...so I may work on a second pallet project soon too!


We removed all the boards by prying and hammering from the otherside. (Whew - what a workout that was, sure didn't need to exercise that day!)  Once all the boards were off, we measured the planks to the length we had measured using a mitre saw {which was the gift I gave my husband for Chrismas - no alterive motive I promise!} After they were cut I used an electric hand sander and sanded all the pieces until smooth.

After all that work we put it together and go this!


I wanted it higher so instead of putting it on industrial castor on we used some of the remaining wood to make legs instead. 

And finally....
 the stained finished project in our living room!


I am really loving it! I feel it gives our room a little cozier feeling.  Now to purchase a nice rug for underneather to anchor the room.

Sorry, I never took photos of the in between steps.  If you have any questions about the construction I would be happy to answer them! It actually was not too hard of a project and I love that when people ask where we got it I can say "I made it" (well "I" being my husband and me - but he is letting me take the credit because it was my vision and all he really did was cut the board). Being able to say this is empowering!

It was funny a few days after it was completed I got an email from my sister with a picture of dining room table she asked if I could "build" her! I think that might take abit more knowledge and power tools.

Hope you like - Happy Monday!

xoxo

Kelli




1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say!