Pages

wellness wednesday

Yay! It's Wednesday and we are halfway to the weekend, which I am looking forward to because my big sis turns 30 AND has just moved into her new home so it's going to be a good party weekend. Err..and I am thinking I may fall a bit off the "healthy train" because of it! Anyways...

One of my goals this month was to eat more veggies! Lots of greens was my goal and in order to incorporate into my daily routine for lunch I have be drinking GREEN SMOOTHIES - green green goodness and I can atest - they are delicious! So today I am going to share a could recipies that I found with you.

I got these recipies here, where there are recipies for 25 of these goodness-packed smoothies! 

Here are a few of my fave's (which I've either made or are on the list!)

Green Smoothie

Beet and Carrot Smoothie

1 small red beet (equivalent to 1/2 cup), peeled and coarsely chopped
1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 sweet apple, such as Honeycrisp or Pink Lady, coarsely chopped
1 ripe pear, such as red Bartlett or red D'Anjou, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
2 cups water

1. Steam beets and carrots until tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.


Avocodo-Pear Smoothie
1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed
1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup pear juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup ice

Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.

Blueberry and Green Tea Smoothie
 
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
2 cups green tea, room temperature
1 tablespoon agave nectar

1. Divide blueberries between compartments of an ice cube tray. Fill with green tea and freeze.
2. Puree in blender with remaining green tea and agave.

Have you tried green smoothies? Any favourite recipies to share? I'd love to hear them!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!